Privredna banka Zagreb d.d. was founded in 1966 and has consistently been a leading financial institution in the Croatian market, with an established business base and a highly recognized national brand name.
During all periods of its history, PBZ supported the largest investment programs in tourism, agriculture, industrialisation, shipbuilding, electrification and road construction. PBZ has become a synonym for economic vitality, continuity and the Croatian identity.
Privredna banka Zagreb d.d. today is a modern and dynamic financial institution, which has actively sought and won the role of market leader on the financial markets in Croatia. It is a fully licensed bank with nationwide branch network. With its nationwide network of branches and outlets, as well as a broad group of banking and non-banking subsidiaries, PBZ is one of the universal banks that cover the whole territory of Croatia (with about 200 branch offices and outlets).
According to data from the end of 2018, PBZ is the second bank in terms of total assets in Croatia and the fifth bank in terms of subscribed share capital. PBZ is also one of the largest Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange dealers in Croatia as well as a leading player on the domestic syndicated loan market. In June 2015, by acquisition of shares from the EBRD, Intesa Sanpaolo increased its majority stake in the share capital of PBZ to 97.47 percent. The Bank is strongly focused on customer satisfaction and a high quality customer experience. Upon successful privatisation in December 1999, PBZ became a member of Gruppo Intesa Sanpaolo – the largest Italian banking group and one of the most significant financial institutions in Europe. Privredna banka Zagreb d.d. currently employs some 3,637 employees and provides a full range of specialized services in the areas of retail, corporate and investment banking services
Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.
Account holding bank
- the Euromoney Award for Excellence as the best bank in Croatia (In 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015)
- the Euromoney Award for Excellence for The Best Debt House in Croatia (2006.)
- the Euromoney award for the Best Private Banking Service in Croatia (2012.)
- From 2003 to 2018, PBZ has won numerous prestigious awards for best bank in Croatia in the categories The Best Emerging Market Banks and The World’ s Best Banks in Central and Eastern Europe as well as Best digital bank 2018. in Croatia.
- the Golden Marten Award for Most Successful Bank in Croatia for the second straight year and fifth time overall. Our bank won the Golden Marten Award in 2004, 2005, 2010 and 2017.
- The Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2018 go to Privredna banka Zagreb (PBZ) as Croatia’s Best Bank and Intesa Sanpaolo as Italy’s Best Bank.
- Central European declared Privredna banka Zagreb to be the Best Bank of the decade in Croatia in 1999.
- The magazine The Banker awarded Privredna banka Zagreb the prize for the Best Bank of the Year in Croatia (Bank of the Year 2005 and 2011).
- The British financial magazine “Finance Central Europe” declared Mr. Bozo Prka, former President of the Management Board of Privredna banka Zagreb, to be the best banker in South East Europe (2002), and the best banker in Croatia (2006), and Privredna banka Zagreb to be the best bank (2002, 2006)
- The award for market capitalisation and investment funds and for the best banking share was presented to Privredna banka Zagreb for the previous business year in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- The award for the most successful bank in the Republic of Croatia was presented to Privredna banka Zagreb in 2004, 2005, 2010, 2017 and 2018.
- Privredna banka Zagreb received recognition of its brand as part of the Adria Zeitung “Das Beste Kroatiens” campaign in 2007.
- Privredna banka Zagreb has for several years been the recipient of the Straight-Through Processing (STP) Excellence Award from prominent world banks, that is, awards for excellence in processing payment orders sent abroad. The recognition of the quality of the payment orders sent in 2007 was awarded to Privredna banka Zagreb d.d. by Deutsche Bank and Dresdner Bank.k.
Reconciliation tools (cheque/cash)
Sweeping and pooling
Dedicated IBOS desk
Preferential IBOS customer service
Single point of contact for client
Customer service in English
Electronic banking in local language
Electronic banking in local English
Membership of Clearings
CHAPS Clearing Co Ltd
BACS Payment Schemes Ltd
Cheque & Credit Clearing co Ltd
Faster Payments Service
SEPA Core Direct Debit
SEPA Credit Transfer
The IBOS web portal
Through our online portal, IBOS members can access everything they need from a centralised dashboard. From easily looking up IBOS banks by country or group to accessing detailed information about each member, our member platform makes international collaboration easier.