ULSTER BANK IRELAND DAC
Ulster Bank is founded
Ulster Bank becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of what is now known as NatWest
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS) takes over NatWest. Ulster Bank becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of RBS
Ulster Bank Group acquires First Active, a leading mortgage provider.
First Active merges with Ulster Bank Group
Ulster Bank Today
Across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, Ulster Bank employs
c. 4,000 people. We meet the needs of around 1.9 million personal and business customers through
outlets across the island of Ireland. Our business is formed of two distinct divisions;
- Ulster Bank Retail Banking
- Ulster Bank Commercial Banking
Our key focus is ensuring a seamless Customer Experience for our customers, from onboarding stage, right through to delivery and beyond.
What are Ulster Bank’s key differentiators?
1. Ulster Bank has a full service domestic Irish bank offering and is part of the SEPA clearing system. Ulster Bank extends its international footprint via its parent, Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and its global banking partners via IBOS.
2. Our online banking system, Bankline, is market-leading in Ireland. This internet based system is efficient, easy to use, very
secure, with full payment capability.
3. Our dedicated Relationship Management Team and Onboarding Team work closely together to ensure a streamlined and efficient onboarding process.
4. Ulster Bank offers the full spectrum for banking products across personal AND
corporate banking. As part of our corporate offering, we are happy to facilitate introductions if your employees or senior management team are
seeking personal banking facilites,
private banking facilities,
mortgages etc. Please just let us know what your needs are.
5. Ulster Bank is very focussed on innovation and supports the tech start-up community in Ireland. Ulster Bank is the Corporate Partner for Dogpatch Labs start-up hub in the heart of Dublin’s Docklands. We regularly host Hackathons and networking events, bringing together the domestic and international tech community in Dublin.
Account holding bank
170 Retail Branches
Ulster Bank Ireland DAC
Corporate partner with Dogpatch Labs Start-Up Hub in Dulin Ireland.
Co-sponsor of the American Chamber of Commerce US-Ireland Research Innovation Awards -2015, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019
Chambers Ireland Award for Corporate Social Responsibility 2013 –
Ulster Bank won “Excellence in Marketplace” category for “BusinessWomenCan”
Allianz Arts &
Business NI Awards 2013 – Sustained Partnership Award for Belfast Festival at Queen’s
GlobalFinance – “Best Trade Finance Bank in the UK” 2011
EuromoneyTrade Finance Survey 2011 – “Best Trade Finance Provider in the UK”
Euromoney FXPoll 2011 – “##1 FX House for UK Corporates (by market share)
Reconciliation tools (cheque/cash)
Sweeping and pooling
Dedicated IBOS desk
Preferential IBOS customer service
Single point of contact for client
Customer service in English
Electronic banking in local language
Electronic banking in local English
Membership of Clearings
CHAPS Clearing Co Ltd
BACS Payment Schemes Ltd
Cheque & Credit Clearing co Ltd
Faster Payments Service
SEPA Core Direct Debit
SEPA Credit Transfer
The IBOS web portal
Through our online portal, IBOS members can access everything they need from a centralised dashboard. From easily looking up IBOS banks by country or group to accessing detailed information about each member, our member platform makes international collaboration easier.