What's the Proposition?
IBOS caters for the needs of corporate clients to:
- Hold bank accounts around the world to pay and receive money
- Have efficient processes around paying and receiving money
- Effectively mobilise the cash balances held on the bank accounts
- Manage these processes from within countries, from a remote location – or from a mixture of the two based on the customer’s management organisation and IT
- Access Relationship Management and Customer Service from the place they select and in their preferred language
The impact of the fulfilment of these needs is:
- Speedier receipt, identification and mobilisation of funds collected
- Better control of disbursements
- Usage of funds from Trade Debtors – rather than overdraft or debt – to pay Trade Creditors
- Shortening of the order-to-cash cycle
- Reduction of Net Interest Expense
- Reduction of amount invested in Working Capital
IBOS enables clients to use the domestic payments infrastructures of all countries covered, but to have a multi-country Cash Management solution in place that brings the in-country activity under one roof.
IBOS achieves the full meshing of local (“retail” or “commercial”) activity with cross-border (“wholesale” or “treasury”) activity, avoiding the pitfalls.
Read more about the IBOS proposition with these three introductions:
- Why do you need IBOS?
- IBOS in your language of choice
- IBOS working across the globe
Thus the customer’s two main objectives can both be achieved:
- Efficient local processes
- Efficient regional Cash Management
Read more about the IBOS proposition