|Bank Short Name
|Number of Domestic Branches
236 Retail Branches; 59 Business Banking Offices
|Number of non-domestic Branches
Ulster Bank Group Centre
Ulster Bank Group is a leading provider of financial services in Ireland. Ulster Bank was founded in 1836 and became a wholly owned subsidiary of NatWest in 1917. In March 2000, NatWest Group was the subject of a successful take-over bid by The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Ulster Bank Group is now part of the enlarged RBS group. In 2005 Ulster Bank was named Corporate Bank of the Year in Ireland.
Link to Ulster Bank website www.ulsterbank.com
Ulster Bank wasfounded in 1836 and became a wholly owned subsidiary of NatWest in 1917. InMarch 2000, NatWest Group was the subject of a successful take-over bid by TheRoyal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Ulster Bank Group is now part of the enlargedRBS group. 40% of the top 100 corporates in Ireland bank with Ulster Bank.
Ulster Bank is the highest rated full service, clearing bank in Ireland. Ulster Bank is a part of RBS which is the second largest banking group in Europe and the sixth largest in the world, by market capitalisation. Ulster Bank Group is the leading bank in Northern Ireland and the third largest clearing bank and second largest mortgage provider in the Republic of Ireland. The group has 5,400 employees and 1.4m customers.
| ||Long-term ||Short-term |
|Fitch ||A+ ||F1+ |
|Standard and Poor's ||BBB+ ||A-2 |
|Moody's ||A2 ||P-1 |
- Four timeswinner of KPMG's Business Banking Excellence Award (2005 - 2008)
- GlobalFinance - "Best Trade Finance Bank in the UK" 2011
- EuromoneyTrade Finance Survey 2011 - "Best Trade Finance Provider in the UK"
- Euromoney FXPoll 2011 - "#1 FX House for UK Corporates (by market share)
- Global TradeReview - "#1 Bank Globally for Documentary Processing Services" 2010
- Global TradeReview - "Deal of the Year" 2010
- TreasuryManagement International - "Best Risk Management, Europe" 2010
Membership of Clearings
Ulster Bank is a member of the Irish bank clearing service.